Nyungwe Canopy and Kivu Lake Adventure
With Two Day Nyungwe Canopy and Kivu Lake Adventure, Countryside Tours helps you experience the Nyungwe National Park canopy walk, the Night fishing and the Nkombo boat visit.
As you exit Kigali city with Countryside Tours-Rwanda looking forward to the Two Day Nyungwe Canopy and Kivu Lake Adventure, you pass through the entire Southern province enjoying the revitalising view and landscape of the Southern province and part of the Western province. Also, the experience gives an exposure to different towns along the way.
- Bottled water
- Vehicle and a professional driver guide
- Pick-up anywhere in Kigali city
- Drop-off anywhere in Kigali city
- Entrance fees (Canopy, Night fishing, Boat fare to Nkombo)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tip money
- Anything not explicitly included in the tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children pay as adults
- Minimum age: Five years
- A raincoat and walking boots are advised as rain frequently falls in Nyungwe National Park
$300 per person sharing*
Day to day Itinerary
The tour itinerary is as shown in the following highlights
Pick-up in Kigali city (07h00-08h00) by a Countryside Tours guide and departure for the canopy walk in Nyungwe National Park. Now that we are ready to head to Nyungwe National Park, we drive for an estimated four hours through the villages and scenery of the Southern Province and a part of the Western Province. Along the way, we have a chance to pass through Muhanga town, Huye town and Nyamagabe town in the Southern Province before reaching Uwinka Visitor Centre, the reception and arrival point to Nyungwe, the mountain rainforest extending over 1000 square kilometres. Walking on the Nyungwe National Park canopy, the bridge suspended in 200 high provides a good view of the forest’s ancient trees and wildlife.
- Afternoon and evening: Transfer in the afternoon and overnight in Rusizi town. After the Canopy Walk experience, we drive from Uwinka Visitor Centre to Rusizi. Rusizi is a town located in the South-Western part of Rwanda with Kivu lake stretching along its west part. The main activities in Kivu lake are boat trips and night fishing. After hotel check-in, we get ready for the night fishing experience with ABAGI Fishing Cooperative from 18h00 in the evening. After the three-hour night fishing experience, we are expected to be back to the shore around 21h30 to head back the hotel. Depending on our customers' interest, there is an option to explore Rusizi nightlife.
Explore the traditional fish market, take a guided boat ride to Nkombo, an island in the southern part of Kivu lake with the population with its own culture, language and ways of living.
- Afternoon: Head back to Kigali through Karongi town and Rubengera town in the Western Province before heading to Muhanga and finally back to Kigali city. We should arrive in Kigali towards the evening
Local Operator Information:
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.