5-Day Garden Route and Addo Adventure from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth
- Get inside tips from a local
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Fully narrated tour
- Multi-Day Trip
- 4 nights' accommodation
- Breakfasts (except day 1 & 5)
- Dinner daily (except day 5)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Optional activities (per itinerary)
- Breakfast on day 1 and day 5
- Dinner on day 5
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years, but we do accept travelers as young as 16, permitting they are traveling with their parent/legal guardian; maximum recommended age is 65 (average guest age is 34)
- This is an active tour. It is best suited towards those who like to be on the move, and can comfortably walk, carry luggage, get in and out of the vehicle frequently, etc.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- All tours are conducted in English
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note pick-up reconfirmation is required, refer to voucher for details
- Please note that this itinerary is sometimes done in a different order
$900 per person sharing*
Day to day Itinerary
Visit a colony of endangered African Penguins in Betties Bay, followed by lunch in Hermanus. Hermanus is known for being a location where you can see Southern Right Whales who are usually spotted from July to November. Continue your journey on to Cape Agulhas, the furthest Southern point of the African continent. Spend the night in Cape Agulhas and enjoy a traditional potjie (South African stew) for supper.
Cross the mountains towards the Little Karoo, a semi-desert area with a very different landscape from the coastline. Sample local wine in the area and continue on to explore the Cango Caves. Spend the night in Oudtshoorn, known as the Ostrich Capital of the World, and sample ostrich kebabs for supper.
Venture back to the coastline and experience a canoe ride through the Wilderness National Park on the Touw River. Explore the park and it's native forest, waterfall and rock pools. In the afternoon, visit the famous seaside town of Knysna, enjoy lunch or shopping at the Knysna Waterfront. Enjoy a typical African barbeque for dinner and spend the night in Myoli Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Travel to the Tsitsikamma National Park, known for its beautiful coastline by the Indian Ocean and native forest. Feel free to take some leisure time for hiking, crossing a suspension bridge, swimming or simply enjoying a drink overlooking the ocean. In the afternoon, explore the Eastern Cape, and spend the night in a working citrus farm in the Addo area.
Spend the morning on a game drive in the Addo Elephant National Park, home to amazing wildlife such as lions, leopards, buffaloes, rhinos and more than 600 elephants. After an exciting morning of game viewing, clients will be dropped off at the location of their choice in Port Elizabeth, where the tour ends between approximately 1pm and 2pm on Friday
Local Operator Information:
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.