8-Day Garden Route, Cape Point, Winelands and Safari Tour from Cape Town
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Local English-speaking professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 7 nights accommodation, as per selected
- 7 breakfasts
- Entrance fees to the Cape of Good Hope
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve in Betty's Bay
- Sparkling wine MCC, Wine pairing with chocolate or biltong
- Entrance fees to Addo Elephant and Tsitsikamma National Parks
- Entrance fee to Wilderness Canoeing
- Addo Elephant National Park Game Drive in tour bus
- Adventure tour of Cango Cave and Ostrich Farm tour
- Route 62 wine tasting
- Lunch, dinner and drinks, unless specified
Optional activities - as per itinerary:
- Duiker Island Cruise (about R75 per person)
- Whale watching cruise in Hermanus (about R800 per person)
- Hermanus Sea Kayak (about R400 per person)
- 4x4 Addo game drive (about R350 per person)
- 4x4 Buffelsdrift game drive (about R350 per person)
- Elephant bush walk experience (about R405 per person)
- Bungee jump (about R1000 per person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order
- Guides and vehicles will vary as this is a combination of two standard tours.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children between 12 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult
- Some optional activities on this tour require a moderate level of fitness
- According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating
- It is recommended that you bring: comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, sun hat, jacket for cooler evenings, beach towel and swimming costume
$1200 per person sharing*
Day to day Itinerary
From Cape Town, travel by luxury minibus to the Cape of Good Hope, passing along the famous Chapman’s Peak Drive. Stop at Cape Point, a nature reserve within Table Mountain National Park. At the Cape of Good Hope, walk along its headland to the lighthouse and see the Atlantic Ocean. Then, head inland via Kalk Bay and Muizenberg to the town of Stellenbosch to roam the historic streets and short food walk and spend the night here at leisure.
Day 2 (B):
After breakfast, you'll visit some of the popular wine estates nearby Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample sparkling wine MCC and wines pairing with locally made chocolate or biltong. From Franschhoek, your'll continue to Cape Agulhas. After a 2.5 hours journey, arrive at your accommodation.
Day 3 (B):
Venture out to Hermanus to walk the cliffpaths in search of whales on land, or take to the ocean with an optional whale watch cruise (own expense), or sea kayak (own expense) for the opportunity to see the "marine big 5": whales, dolphins, seals, penguins and sharks. Enjoy whale watching from June to November. On the way back to Cape Town, you'll pass the famous Betty's Bay penguin reserve and Clarence Drive viewpoint.
Day 4 (B):
After a 5-hour coach ride, you'll explore Wilderness National Park. Take to the a 2-hour canoe ride, paddling on a river that winds through lush forests and mountains. Then, you’ll hop back in your van for a 30-minute drive to your hotel for the night.
Day 5 (B):
After breakfast, travel to Knysna. Walk to the Knysna Heads. Then, you’ll re-board the coach for an hour’s drive to the world’s highest bungee jump at Bloukrans Bridge, standing 709 feet (216 meters) above the Bloukrans River. After lunch, a 30-minute drive brings you to the Tsitsikamma National Park where you’ll take a 2-hour guided walk along shady forest paths. After the walk, you’ll have the option to do a waterfall zipline (own expense). Then, visit Jeffrey's Bay, home to your hotel.
Day 6 (B):
Visit Addo Elephant National Park, home to over 550 elephants, lions, buffalo, black rhino, spotted hyena, leopard, a variety of antelope and zebra species, and the Addo flightless dung beetle. Take a safari tour in your minicoach. Opt to take a 2-hour game drive (own expense) in a 4x4 vehicle. In the afternoon, you’ll return to Jeffrey's Bay and have time to relax on the beach. You can try surfing (own expense) in one of the world's most famous surf spots.
Day 7 (B):
After breakfast, travel four hours on the famous Route 62 to get to Oudtshoorn. You’ll visit a working ostrich farm where you learn about these fascinating flightless birds – the heaviest fowl in the world – and see their enormous eggs and nests. After getting familiar with the ostriches, you’ll drive to the nearby Cango Caves. Located in a limestone ridge parallel to the picturesque Swartberg mountains, the caves include over 2.5 miles (4 km) of dripstone caverns, with vast halls and towering formations of stalactites and stalagmites. You’ll walk through some of this subterranean wonderland with your guide on a 2-hour tour of the caves.
Subject to availability, return to the wild for an optional 4x4 game drive with a knowledgeable game ranger at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve for a possible sighting of resident rhino and giraffe. You’ll have the evening to spend at leisure in Oudtshoorn. As you explore the town, note the grand houses that were built in the late 1800s when the booming ostrich feather trade brought riches to the area’s 'feather barons.’
Day 8 (B):
After breakfast, you’ll have the option to take part in a 45-minute ‘meet the elephants’ experience (own expense). Get to know these huge noble creatures and learn about orphaned elephants. After your morning adventure, it’s time to head back to Cape Town along the famous Route 62, modelled after America’s Route 66, but with a distinctly local flavour. Route 62 is more than just burgers and beers, farm stalls or small country towns, the highway is also the longest wine route in the Western Cape. Wine lovers will be in their element with a wine pit stop to sample Port-style wines en route to Cape Town.
Local Operator Information:
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.