Moroccan Desert 3-Day Tour from Marrakech
This private 3 day camel trek will take you into the heart of the Moroccan Sahara Desert. You will cross through the Atlas Mountains via the stunning Tizi-n-Tichka pass, you will see Kasbahs (including having opportunity to explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Aït Ben Haddou Kashbah), orange sand dunes large and small, oases, distant mountain summits, the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs, the ‘Moroccan Hollywood’, and sunrises and sunsets so beautiful you will never forget them when you spend the night amidst the stark beauty of the Sahara Desert.
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Pick-up at Cafe de France located in the Jemaa el Fna square. Drop-off at Jemaa el Fna square
- Transport by air-conditioned/heated vehicle
- 1 Overnight accommodation in Dades Valley in a Kasbah Hotel with dinner and breakfast
- 1 Overnight accommodation in a Bivouac Camp in the desert of Erg Chebbi with dinner and breakfast
- Camel trekking
- Sand Boarding
- Bottled water
- Small-group shared tour
- Lunches and beverages
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Small bag/back-pack with belongings for bivouac overnight suggested as will be carried on the camel. All luggage can travel with you on tour, and bulk of luggage will be stored and secured at hotel bordering desert.
$500 per person sharing*
Day to day Itinerary
Marrakech to Dades Valley over the High Atlas Mountains and Ouarzazate (6 hours drive)
Pick up at 8:30 a.m. from Marrakech, and drive south through the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi n’ Tichka mountain pass and local Berber villages to Ouarzazate. You will reach and visit the exotic Kasbah of Aït Benhaddou. After lunch your journey will take you to Ouarzazate center, where you can see the Atlas Studios, the largest movie studio in Africa and the Kasbah Tourirt, the residence of the Glaoui Dynasty. You will continue to Rose Valley and through Skoura Oasis and the Kasbah Amerhidil, located in Skoura River.
Overnight in the Rose valley at a local Kasbah.
Dades Valley to Erg Chebbi desert via Todra Gorges and Erfoud (5 hours drive)
Breakfast in the hotel. Your journey continues to Dades Gorges for spectacular views and a walk. You will drive back through Dades Valley to Todra Gorges via Boulman Dades, on the way you will stop for photos along Tinghir palm tree grove valley before you reach Todra Gorge, where you will have your free time to walk on your own along the Todra river. After a mint tea, you will drive to Merzouga desert passing by the Anti Atlas and Tafilalet Oasis to reach Erg Chebbi sand dunes for a camel trek and overnight in the middle of the dunes. Enjoy sunset in the top of the dunes and a local dinner and a drum party in a traditional Nomadic bivouac camp.
Erg Chebbi to Marrakech (9 hours drive)
Early morning wake-up to a spectacular sunrise in the desert, and then enjoy a mint tea before you return back by camel to the Kasbah hotel where you will have breakfast and shower. Then continue to Marrakech over the High Atlas Mountains and the local villages. Arrival at Marrakech early evening. (Plz noted that the drive from Erg Chebbi desert to Marrakech on the last day is long and take 8-9 hours. If you have time we recommend 4 days 3 nights)
Local Operator Information:
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.